September 25, 2008

I Love Old Houses And Tea, Don't You?

I spent my birthday in Port Townsend, which just happened to coincide with the Historical Homes Tour. Old houses, especially Victorians, are one of my favorite things so of course we went on the tour. We weren't allowed to take photographs inside the houses (which is a shame because I would love to share some of the rooms), but I did take some pictures of the facades, which were all stunning.




This home was not actually on the tour,
but I couldn't resist when I saw it.







It was raining a bit, so afterward we visited Dame Agatha Twigg's Tea Room downtown on the waterfront and had a cuppa to chase away the cold and damp.

I love the mis-matchedness (is that a word?)
of the furnishings in the tea room.


I was quite peckish so I had the yummy
Ploughman's Platter
.

The whole tea room is lovely and there is also a gift area which has all sorts of delightful things. The lady who runs Dame Agatha's is British which just adds to the charm of the place. This wasn't the first time I had been there and it definitely won't be the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment