April 01, 2010

Food Glorious Food

When looking at my pictures from my trip to Tucson, two themes seem to emerge. Food and animals. You see we didn't really DO much except go out to eat, play golf and mini golf, and hang out. It was very relaxing, but I found myself with not too many interesting things to take pictures of. Since food was a main feature if our trip, it also takes up many of my photos, so today will be food and drink themed, yay! (I mean who doesn't love food)

First up, a yummy melon margarita at Margaritaville! (Which is in Phoenix, not Tucson, we went after we flew in) I did have dinner too, a pulled pork sandwich, but it was so delicious I forgot to take a picture because I was too busy eating it!


Here is a little scenery from Margaritaville I couldn't resist. I do love me some JB!





Next up we have the enormous nachos at Nimbus. I don't think the angle does this photo justice, these are literally the biggest nachos I have ever had, and so so good!


Then we went to El Charro for happy hour where I had an amazing prickly pear margarita, (on the right) I always like to try new margaritas! There was also a beautiful sangria (at the top). Hmm I seem to have forgotten to take a picture of the food again, whoops! Maybe this post is really more about drinks after all...


Last, but not least I have pictures from breakfast and tea at Tohono Chul. Our table was right next to a big lemon tree, I wish I had one of those! I had tea, a scone with jam and devonshire cream, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. Oh and fruit!




Well that is the extent of my food pictures, but we have a series of restaurants we always have to eat at when we are in Tucson, so we also went to Bison Witches, Frog & Firkin, 1702 (which has the best pizza and is right near the Library Science building, yay!), and this time tried Lindy's which we had never been to before, but it was delicious. I had a burger with macaroni and cheese on it and gravy fries. If you are ever down there, these places are must go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment