October 21, 2008

Hey, I've Been There!

Last time I was in Bend I got this book at my favorite used book store. I love Victorian houses and so as soon as I saw this book, I knew it had to come home with me. I was especially excited because they were West Coast Victorians and that is my coast!


As I was looking through it, I was surprised to find some houses in Port Townsend that I actually recognized and had even been inside! This one I went into on the Historic Homes Tour last time I was in PT. One of my older posts has a picture of it that I took when I was there!


I have been in this one too, that top part with all those little windows actually works like a seasonal solar calendar, I am not sure exactly how it works, because I forget the story they told us when we were there, but it is really interesting so I will try and find out more about it and do a separate post later.


I have not yet looked through the whole book and read all the information about each house, but here are just a few more that caught my eye as I was flipping through.

Notice the sculptures standing on the porch.

I like this one because it is smaller and more
cottage like, but still has that Victorian feel.

Pretty in pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment