December 08, 2009

I Wish I Was The Moon Tonight

Sometimes I get wrapped up in things, maybe a little too much? I don't like to think so, but I guess it could be so. Mister B says I hate change, but that isn't true, I don't hate all change, I just have a hard time letting go of things that become tradition to me. They become important parts of my life, things to look forward to. It seems that I will have to give up more and more of these things, especially when I move away to grad school next year. Yet, at the same time, I can't wait to move. I yearn to explore new places and experience new things; to move somewhere warm, somewhere that is more me. I guess I just need to learn to let go of some things, and focus on what is to come! It still makes me sad, but dwelling is not the answer. I just wish I were the moon (by the way the title of this blog is the title of a great song by Neko Case), then I could get some perspective. Or if only I was bird and could have a good fly, that would certainly clear my head. It is hard to be pulled at by both roots and wanderlust at the same time.

Well enough of this silly introspection. I shall go make some tea to help cheer me up, and not just because it is the genial beverage, but also because this particular kind has herbs in it that help lift your mood. I will leave you with some pictures of an adorable bathroom in an old hotel at Roche Harbor on San Juan island. We went to Roche Harbor for the Selene Rendezvous (which is where all the people with same kind of boat as us, a Selene - who coincidentally is a moon goddess, meet and hang out). Anyway I have lots of photos of lovely things from that trip which I will post slowly, but surely.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment