January 26, 2010

Pirates!

As you may or may not have guessed from the title of this blog, I love pirates. So I was quite excited to discover that the authors of a children's book about pirates were coming to the school I volunteer at. I volunteer in the library of an elementary school, and yesterday they had a presentation in the library by the authors of "A Pirate's Quest." Robert and Laura Sams (the aforementioned authors) were so great and super fun to watch. I was extremely entertained and I am not even in elementary school! This really is a great book, with beautiful illustrations, and they also have a movie that goes along with it (the movie actually came first). To find out more about it click here.



For a little more piratey, tropical goodness go here. It is a whole page of webcams based in the Florida Keys. When the weather is crappy I like to look at them. Sure it makes me jealous, but it also makes me happy. The Keys are pretty much at the top of my list of places to visit in the US, and they have a really awesome pirate festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment