November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I had a lovely weekend. Since Mister B and I just moved to Arizona, this was our first Thanksgiving all by our lonesomes without our families to stuff us full of yummy food. We didn't want to take on a full Thanksgiving dinner, so we decided to do something Mister B has been dreaming about for ages....make a Thanksgiving pizza! That's right folks, you heard correctly, I said pizza. Basically it was a pizza crust with gravy instead of red sauce, mashed potatoes instead of cheese, and turkey and stuffing sprinkled on as toppings.



I know it looks a bit strange, but it was delicious! Then using the left over turkey (we cooked a breast not a whole bird) I made turkey and potato eggs for breakfast and a yummy turkey salad sandwich for dinner tonight (mixed the turkey with mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and sliced apples, and ate it on a bagel), sigh....I love holiday food.

It also is getting a little cooler here, especially at night, so we have been having a fire and it is super cozy.


And it has been cloudy and today it even rained (a rare occurrence here) and there were amazing rainbows...





Oh yes, it was a good holiday indeed. Even the cats have been extra cozy.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! I love the idea of a Thanksgiving pizza and somehow I think my DH would need to have it if I mentioned it to him, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me thinks a Thanksgiving pizza would go over very well in my house of boys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious holiday weekend you had! That rainbow was amazing - and the Thanksgiving pizza looks really yummy! Theresa

    ReplyDelete