July 05, 2011

Blueberry Muffins And A Winner

I am ever so happy because the monsoons are here at last! Yesterday the power even went out (unfortunately it wasn't dark enough out to need to use candles, oh well). I am even watching a big storm outside my window as I am typing this! It is sooo nice to get some rain, for me and for the plants. I hope you all had a nice 4th, lightning was my fireworks and that is just fine by me.

Here are some photos of the sunset after the storm.





The other day I had a random desire to bake. I discovered there were some blueberries in the freezer so I decided to make muffins!



It was just your basic blueberry muffin recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but I had some cream cheese frosting so I decided to bake some of that on too.


Unfortunately it just sort of melted off the top and formed a hard candy shell on the pan.


They were still delicious though!



Mal wanted some....


...but I said no, so he pouted.


And now to announce the winner of my Mad Tea Party giveaway for the place markers (four of them), and the winner by random number selection is....


......Zoe from Blessed Bee! Please email me your address and what your favorite kind of tea is (for a little extra something)!

Thanks to everyone who commented, I wish I could give presents to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying the monsoon, for me I'm glad the rain has finally stopped! Maybe I sent it your way - yeah we'll go with that story.

    Congratulations Zoe! When are we invited to tea? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. homemade muffins, yum. i am IN love with all things blueberry. how about that sand storm? it was even on the news here in Australia?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...Those muffins sound delicious. I may have to give that a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for Zoe! I just know she will love these. :) Glad you finally got some rain - hopefully you were not near that scary sandstorm!!!! The muffins look so good - I'm popping over for tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we got storms here!
    ...and look at those muffins...yum!!!

    How could you say no to that sweet doggy face...heehee?!

    ReplyDelete