May 08, 2014

This Is My Jam: Actual Jams Edition

Hello and welcome to another edition of This Is My Jam. Or perhaps more appropriately, These Are My Jams. This time my jams are, wait for it, actual jams! In the musical sense I mean, not the fruity spread sense.

I am currently on a work trip in Utah to Golden Spike National Historic Site. It is actually a pretty awesome place where the Central Pacific and the Union Pacific railroads met up to make the first transcontinental railroad (it's history people, look it up)! Anyway, I am there to do archivey things and am staying in nearby Brigham City, whose most notable feature in my eyes are the AMAZING lilacs everywhere. Lilacs are my favorite flower, but do not grow so well down in hot, dry, Arizona, so I haven't seen the lovelies for ages. I am so jealous of all the huge lilac bushes they have here! That combined with the cold, rainy, weather actually makes me a bit homesick for Oregon. Weird.

So, due to my current lack of time and photos, here are a few jams that are really making my day on this trip.

Hurray For The Riff Raff - Blue Ridge Mountain
I am super into folk and southern jams right now and this just hits the spot. Thanks to Honey and Jam for tweeting the link!



Jamie McDell - Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver cover)
This girl's accent is adorable and this cover makes me happy.



And last, but certainly not least, just to round out the mountain theme, THIS. Because it makes me have all the feels.



Also, this version is awesome.



Cheers!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment