December 14, 2009

Fairies, Leprechauns, And Alice

I don't know about anyone else, but I am a huge dork and love cheesy, made for TV miniseries. One came out a while ago which I loved and now own on DVD (and am watching right now as a matter of fact), entitled "The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns." If you enjoy fairies, leprechauns, other magical creatures, Ireland, Irish Music, or stories of forbidden love, then this movie is for you! Yes it is slightly cheesy, but in my opinion that is what makes it so great. I don't know why, but this song, which was in a scene of the movie, always made me feel fuzzy inside.



More recently, a new miniseries came out on the Syfy channel called "Alice." It is a reinterpretation of Alice In Wonderland. In fact it is very different, almost futuristic, with parts based off of the original Alice. Needless to say I loved this one too! It has some fun well known people in it (Kathy Bates and Tim Curry), and also some lesser know actors that were wonderful. I thought the girl who played Alice was good and the guy who played "Hatter" was my favorite! If you are a fan of such things as well, you should definitely watch it!





No comments:

Post a Comment