January 12, 2010

Tuesday

Recently I was looking through some of my old pictures and I realized that I have many photographs of cemeteries and headstones. And do you know why? Not because I am into death or anything like that, but just because they are so pretty! I love the way old headstones look when they are all worn and covered in moss. They are all so different and beautiful, with a sweet melancholy. I thought I would share some of the pictures I have taken. The first group is from a cemetery in Australia.







 

 

 

 

 

Aren't they lovely? I have many more pictures from that same place, but I tried to narrow it down to just a few. I have just a couple more I want to put up, these are from a cemetery near Roche Harbor.



 

 

 

If I was a professional photographer I would purposely travel to old cemeteries to take beautiful photos of the monuments. Maybe I am just weird, but I would think other people would be able to see the aesthetic value too, so I don't think I am alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment