August 25, 2010

Bones & Blossoms

(Lovely Nature)

My classes have started and now that I am a lot more busy I probably won't have as many things to post about, but I will do my best. Today I had the day off so I took lots of pictures.

A lot of the plants on my patio are blooming. It is wonderful to have them since it is so deserty here.

They are so pretty, and such vibrant colors. I couldn't resist.














I also went to the pool today and there were even more lovely nature moments.





Bones have always fascinated me, ever since I was little. My parents' house is on twenty acres and we would go on walks around the property. I called it bone hunting because whenever I found bones I would pick them up and bring them home. For the longest time they all lived in a bag together, my "bone bag." Did I mention before that I like strange things? Anyway, I don't really collect them anymore, but I still like them. They are beautiful and sad at the same time.

A few days ago I had to fish a dead mouse out of the pool (it made me very sad) and when I looked today the mouse had already been reduced to this.



The mouse next to all the flowers blooming was something....I don't know.....moving? The circle of life and all (cue Lion King music).




I also discovered the bird nest in a tree by the pool.




And this little guy posed very nicely for me.



It was just a naturey kind of day.

And to end it there was an amazing moon. It had wispy clouds in front of it, which of course looked awesome, but made my pictures all blurry because the camera couldn't focus.





As a write this I am watching Labyrinth. I hadn't seen it in a while, but this movie was/is a staple for me (I have seen it about a bajillion times). If you have never seen it you are missing out! David Bowie is the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment