September 09, 2010

Feeling A Bit Tropical

(Part II)

Still in the tropical frame of mind from yesterday's post? I know I am. The reason for all that sunshiny, palm tree-y goodness is that last night I went to a happy hour held by the local Parrot Head club. Yes that is right, something you may not know about me is I am a sun worshiping, flip-flop wearing, margarita drinking, ocean craving, Jimmy Buffett loving, kinda girl. Now don't make fun, I grew up listening to his music (thanks mom and dad!) and it just stuck.

Anyway, I have never actually belonged to a parrot head club before, but when I moved to this new place I thought it would be a perfect time to start since I know basically no one. I am not very good at meeting new people since I am kinda shy, but when I found out they were having this happy hour (they do it every month) and that anyone could go, I said to myself "self, you gotta get up and make it happen instead of sitting around not having friends because you are too scared to meet people!" In the words of one of my heroes Captain Ron (if you don't know who that is, you need to get to the movie store pronto) "If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there."

So, after giving myself a pep-talk, I did indeed make it happen and had a really great time! I am going to officially join the club. Besides happy hours and parties they also do fundraisers and other events for charities, which is great.

I thought, since that side of me doesn't make it onto this blog as much as certain other sides, but is a big part of my life, I would share a few things from around my house that represent it!

If you are still reading and interested, here we go.

This is a lei they gave me at the happy hour yesterday and some postcards that I bought in the Bahamas because I thought they were so bright and pretty!



Life is a beach sometimes.


I also got this shell in the Bahamas. It was given to me by a local. It is one of my favorite things.



I love, love, love, boats of all kinds, and would jump at any chance to be out on the ocean.



That was just a small sample. I have so much more, but will save it for another time.

Does anyone else like these things, or is just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment