September 06, 2010

Spooky Mondays!

So it seems that a lot of people here in blog land love Halloween, and I mean who doesn't? It is the best holiday after all! And these people (me included) like to get into the holiday spirit as early as possible. That is why I was excited when I discovered Spooky Mondays over at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland. Every Monday we now have an excuse to post all things spooky, scary, Halloween, or even just fall related. People may look at us like we are crazy when we start decorating for Halloween months in advance, but who cares! They are just missing out.

This is my first post participating in Spooky Mondays, but it is perfect timing because on a recent thrifting trip to Goodwill (see last post), I found some good Halloween decorations.

I love both the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the movie Sleepy Hollow (it is seriously one of my favorite movies). Anything Sleepy Hollow related is a must own. So it makes sense I would have to buy this little guy when I saw him.



This little paper cutout is nothing fancy, but I thought it was cute, and it was only 99 cents!

I also found this castle candle.


It seemed quite Halloweeny to me, and it has never been burnt at all.

For this blog day I added a little spooky ambiance to my tea time by adding a candle and watching Ghost Hunters while I had tea.






Oh and I wore my new shirt (well I recently bought it at a used clothing store) which has kind of a witchy/gypsy vibe. I love it!


I just can't wait for Halloween! Especially because last year I was sick and couldn't do anything except lay in bed and watch (you guessed it) Sleepy Hollow! If you too want to get in on the action, head on over to Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland to participate in Spooky Mondays.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely post! What great finds! The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is one of my favs as well. The cut-out is awesome & I adore that castle candle!

    Happy Spooky Monday to you!
    -Blanche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post..fabulous outfit..can i borrow it ha ha!! beautiful photos..especially of the candle..super magical!
    Happy Spooky Monday!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds-I love when I find something cheap and

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! What terrific thrift finds. :) I love it when you can find amazing bargains for low cost. :) Your new shirt is really pretty, too. Enjoy the evening and thanks for sharing on Spooky Monday! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so fun. I am a HUGE fan of Halloween too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I found out about Spooky Mondays and came to visit you. I see there is a Practical Magic party coming up. This is such a fun time of year.
    I just thrifted a great green bottle perfect for the Haunted Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear friend,
    Happy Spooky Monday,
    I am so excited that you have decided to join me. What a wonderful title for a blog. Exciting.
    Great finds at the Thrift store. Love the blouse.
    I love Sleepy Hollow as well, and so does my oldest son. I remember when he was little having to have the little figurine for our haunted village. The headless horseman of course. But he never left it in the village. He carried it around with him everywhere.
    Make sure to send me your address. I am sending everyone that posted this past week a little something.
    Spells and Wishes,
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete